Voting is open!
Please vote for as many photos as you like, but you may only submit your ballot one time so be sure to check the box for every photo you are voting for! The names/checkboxes are below the photos.
MWBTR is hosting our 8th annual calendar photo contest fundraiser for alumni and foster dogs! Gather all your models and get ready for the 2017 Calendar Contest!
Last year’s calendar was a great success, thanks to all of our gorgeous models and their wonderful people. We can’t wait to see what kinds of creative photos we get this year! The Top Twelve winning dogs will be featured in the 2017 MWBTR calendar, and every photo that is entered will find its way onto the calendar somewhere, so be sure to pre-order your copy so you can see your furbaby in print!
Dog of the Day – Honor your dog with his or her very own day on the calendar! A $25 donation reserves one “square” on the calendar just for your special pup, the Dog of the Day. Here is an example of what your square may look like. Read below for more details.
MWBTR Alumni, Foster dogs, and their fur-siblings may be entered. We just ask that your MWBTR alumni or foster dog be the main subject of the photo.
- Deadline for photo submissions: Sunday, October 30th, 2016 at 11:59pm CST
- Voting will be held during week of November 3rd – 9th, 2016
- Pre-ordered calendars will be mailed no later than December 16th, 2016. Please pre-order to ensure delivery for the December holidays.
- Entry fees: $3 per photo, or 4 photos for $10
- Dog of the Day: A $25 donation will reserve one “square” on the calendar just for your dog’s photo. We will limit the “Dog of the Day” squares to no more than 5 per month, first-come, first-served. Please, no holidays or weekends (most of us have lots of things to write in on those days).
- Pre-Order Calendar: $25 each (includes shipping)
- PayPal for entries and pre-orders: Use the link below, or send your donation to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Yes, we know it still says 2012…. it was a good year! But mostly, it’s not so easy to change, so we’re keeping the email account and the PayPal button, but rest assured you will receive the current calendar)
The fine print…
- All submissions need to be emailed to email@example.com
- Digital photos only (JPGs), please. No hard copy photos accepted.· Photos should be “calendar quality” – clear, crisp, and large files. We suggest a size of 1600 x 1200 pixels – anything taken with a 3 mega pixel or greater camera should work.
- Horizontal photos tend to work better for the main calendar page, so if you’re sending in a vertical photo, we may need to crop it to fit on the horizontal page.
- We may need to crop or edit the file for the final product.
- Please include the following information with your entries: your name and email address, the name of the alumni/foster dog(s) featured and name(s) of anyone else in the photo, when did you adopt or start fostering the dog and a brief bio about the alumni/foster dog.
- Please let us know how you will pay the entry fee so we know where to look for your payment. If you are paying via PayPal, please forward your receipt along with your entry photos. Submissions that have not been paid for by the submission deadline will not be included in the contest.
- Voting will be open to the general public early November. Details for voting will be placed on the MWBTR home page.
- Pre-Ordered Calendars (ordered and paid by December 1, 2016) will be available in time for holiday gift giving. Pre-order now to reserve your copy. We sell out every year! Pre-ordered calendars will be mailed no later than December 16, 2016. Calendars will be available for purchase after December 16, 2016 but delivery dates can not be guaranteed.